CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 12, 2007

Strawberry Jamz

I'm new to this whole..."blogger" site. But I'm no newbie to blogging! While Myspace is exciting, it must not be exciting enough if I have to venture out into the world of blogging sites (Note: there will be a "blog" word count at the end of this post).

Well well well, where does one begin. I guess I could start with what's been on my mind all day today. I saw Across the Universe yesterday. I know, I know, you're thinking, "What? A hippie like you hasn't seen such an amazing movie yet? How dare you!" How dare me indeed. It was, in a word, amazing. This is film that has all my favorite things: The 60's era, Beatles music, a gorgeous British boy who is artistic AND an incredible singing voice?! Oh AND Eddie Izzard and Bono? What are the chances? The soundtrack is beautifully done. Evan Rachel Wood has a gorgeous voice (I'll forgive her for dating Marilyn Manson...for now...) and the direction, photography and choreography was outstanding. I'd recommend it for anyone. Well. Okay, whoever is into that kind of stuff (which I am).

I decided that summer 2009 I'm going to volunteer in Brazil for the summer. I would do it this upcoming summer but all my friends are coming home from their missions and I miss them! I want to hang out with them. Also, I need to save up for the volunteer program/school. It was a choice, personally, between South Africa or Brazil but I decided on the latter because I would like to work on my mad Spanish skillz. But check it out! >>>> http://www.crossculturalsolutions.org

This upcoming weekend is up in the air, I have made plans to visit my friend in Cedar City, but if I can't find anyone to cover my shift (read: if anyone loves me enough to come in for a Saturday) then I can't go, and I would be immensely distraught. But work is good, school is decent, on my last essay in English I got an A/A so I'm feeling pretty good about that. And what does a normal eighteen year old girl do on a Friday night in? Why, watch Wishbone reruns, of course! I figured I'd try out this blogger thing and see if I like it. All signs point to yes? Si senor.

Quote du Jour: "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together."

"Blog" count: Only 5. How anti-climatic.

0 comments: