CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bridal Epidemic

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about six months now, and I've noticed a freaky trend among people that I know.

It's only happened three times, but let me tell you about each time:
One of my friends Melanie started dating Rob about the same time Zack and I started dating. So, basically, our relationships are in the same time zone. About a month ago, Melanie and Rob got married (it's cool, she's 28). I didn't think much of it, because Melanie deserved happiness and I was so glad she got it.

Yesterday, I was invited to go to Spain in November. Apparently, the Spanish boy I was supposed to go on a blind date with waaay back in October is getting married, so everyone's going there instead of Cancun for Thanksgiving. If you do the math, the Spaniard has been dating this girl for less than Zack and I have been dating.

Also yesterday, I heard through the grapevine that X is getting married...great for her! I'm happy for her, but I'm just saying, that relationship is probably the same age as mine...

I don't mean to rant (oh and also there's a girl from my senior class down a CEU who is also engaged) but...it's freakin' me out. To be fair, Zack and I have known each other for about three years. But I am not gettin' married until he at least graduates high school (insert shudder because he is still in high school).

2 comments:

ClanRodgersAZ said...

Smart girl.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Pen Drive, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://pen-drive-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.